Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Is the French song S.O.S. that cursed?


Ever since listening to the song "S.O.S. d'un terrien en détresse" over and over again by Dimash, I want to sing my voice too high. Little did I know the sinister of the song and some people that wrote, sang and used it; died within months or years after. Shall I elaborate?

But first, some of the translated lyrics:

Why do I live
Why do I die
Why do I laugh
Why do I cry

Daniel Balavoine(1952-1986): perished in a helicopter crash, 8 years after singing the original version. He was 34.

Michel Berger(1947-1992): died of a heart attack 14 years after writing the lyrics. He was 45.

Gregory Lemarchal(1983-2007): died of cystic fribosis, around the time he sang his own version. He was 24.

Denis Yuryevich Ten(1993-2018): Kazakhstani figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics Bronze medalist, murdered by two car thieves who tried to steal the side mirrors of his SUV worth $86. He died three hours after losing blood from his right thigh which was 3 liters, and after doctors tried to revive the clinically dead Denis. Used the Dimash version for his free and exhibition skating the previous year(2017.) He was 25.

Well, I don't believe in curses, but something could be sinister on how Michel Berger wrote this song; maybe triumphalist or too depressing? Who's next? I hope it's just an urban legend......

No comments:

Post a Comment