Thursday, February 23, 2017

Commemorating LENT



Lent is near. I am still contemplating if I can fast since my work is very heavy and fast. If I skip or eat the wrong food, I may faint or not have the stamina. About the foods I may avoid or eat, I'll ask again my spiritual confessor.

That said, I will never forget prayer every morning and evening(regardless of Lent or not), confess my sins more and more, go to church often, ask God for forgiveness and do what I must do in life.

It's hard that I work on factories but I will try my best to commemorate Lent as well as fasting until Easter. And as a reminder:

Fasting can take up a significant portion of the calendar year. The purpose of fasting is not to suffer, but according to Sacred Tradition to guard against gluttony and impure thoughts, deeds and words. Fasting must always be accompanied by increased prayer and almsgiving (donating to a local charity, or directly to the poor, depending on circumstances). To engage in fasting without them is considered useless or even spiritually harmful. To repent of one's sins and to reach out in love to others is part and parcel of true fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment