Monday, December 15, 2014

Ravanica



Ravanica (Serbian Cyrillic: Раваница) is a Serbian Orthodox monastery on Kučaj mountains near Ćuprija in Central Serbia. It was built in 1375–1377 as an endowment of prince Lazar of Serbia, who is buried there. The Ravanica church is called the birthplace of the new artistic movement "Morava school" because of architectural and artistic features. It is original blend of the Mount Athos and the cross-in-square five-domed model that became standard in the time of King Milutin.

I want to go here in the mere future with my future wife. It is one honor for me to visit here. Of course i choose the name Lazar when i would be baptized in the future. I saw in this saint that he desired a heavenly kingdom than an earthly one. No one can make that desire but in our small ways, we can.

For example, i desire to have a heavenly family and even if i am not that of an angel, i will make that promise of teaching my wife and children what a true and happy family would mean. I may be idealistic but no one can deny this heavenly promise. It makes me think more of my desire to achieve what God really taught us. Humans do make mistakes but those who desire a happy family and a true Christian one would mean God is with us through every hardships we experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment