Monday, June 12, 2017

My message to Filipinos





I saw less Filipinos posting their national flags on facebook this day! What a shame! No Filipino netizen remembered the independence day, and call themselves as Filipinos?! SCHMUCKS! But I'll send a message to my fellow Filipinos.

How many times conquerors invaded us, our regionalism divided us and problems beset us, never forget the sacrifices of our national heroes! They are our inspiration to the future to defend our land, go forth and get back to prosperity and stability, the things we almost got in certain points of our history.

June 12, 1898 on a a balcony of his ancestral family, Emilio Aguinaldo waved the first Filipino flag, signalling the freedom of the whole Philippines from the Spanish Colonial Empire. Everyone shouted with glee and joy, that after more than 333 years of colonial occupation(with 2 years of British occupation), we are free!

Fast-forward today, I never saw some Filipino netizens posting the Filipino flag, but themselves, Korean drama and funny stuff. Is this what our heroes fought for? This is not what they gave us! We should understand that patriotism and freedom from oppression drove our heroes to fight hard for our country!

Someday, the patriotism I often saw on television to which I am craving to see and standing up to our national anthem(which I still know by heart) is something I will never forget as a Filipino citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment