Sunday, January 3, 2016

An Open letter to the Houston Rockets





I am a Houston Rockets fan. Of course I am sad my team loses. Losing is a part of life. But it doesn't mean this unit will have to lose more! This unit is in fact a star-studded and can make it as the second seed in the stacked up Western Conference but with a mindset like depending on James Harden and Dwight Howard, how can a team win ten straight without the damn motivation.

Aren't this Houston Rockets lineup destined for greatness or at least can challenge the Golden State Warriors? But instead losing to bad teams and almost lost to the lowly Philadelphia 76ers. Can't James play defense more or become the assertive guy that Daryl Morey expects from him? Can't Dwight Howard knock down those free throws and develop a mid range game in order to become a complete soldier? Where is Ty Lawson when you need him? How Corey Brewer slumped? Clint Capela not becoming a more threat than what Morey thought of him.

I will keep this short but hopefully, Daryl Morey will see this one since I am so concerned about my Rockets. This is not the team I saw came back from hell to get through the second round of last year's playoffs. This unit is much worse than 2 years ago. I would rather have Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons back or get the draft rights to Nikola Mirotić than selling his high upside. Firing Kevin McHale won't solve the issue but would make it worse.

If the whole Rockets organization is very concern, they must decide now on this current unit or they have to listen to the fans' voices to end the losing streak. I would rather have this unit win badly than losing by letting the opponents score more than 100 points per game and the internal strife between the players!

No comments:

Post a Comment