Thursday, January 7, 2016

Attending Orthodox Christmas






December 25(Julian Calendar) or January 7(Gregorian Calendar), it's Christmas. It's not what it is called in the West as the time to promote secularist Christmas or a dayoff spree for most people. It's the day where we celebrate Christ's birth and the essence of how Christianity really means for us Christians.

It's my first time and was the most memorable of all because I served in the altar alone and was too nervous because even if there's not much people that attended, I felt being slow but good thing the flow was smooth. And the last thing I never expected was, a good friend of mine gave me a Prayer Book that is a direct translation from Russian to English and I will use it every night. Such a blessing I have people that will make me close to God more and more. That's a blessing I will not count but to enrich more. Blessings do come unexpectedly.

I felt blessed and important. God does heed my call no matter what.

Mir Božiji Hritos se Rodi, Vaistinu se Rodi +++
Christ is Born, Glorify Him +++

No comments:

Post a Comment