Tuesday, March 15, 2016

It's not just during LENT we sacrifice






So, Lent started this Monday but because of my work, I have to stay fit or eat properly. I may or may not fast because of it too. Hope God sees my prayers and how I struggle to become a better person.

But I ponder that, we should not just sacrifice this Lent but most of all, everyday. We don't know what may happen but we have to be ready because God gives us challenges we will overcome. When I mean sacrifice, it's not just refraining from meat or cheese but also trying your best not to say foul words or thinking something bad or a lot of negative traits. Because one thing is sure, God sees us whether we do good or bad things. At Judgement Day, he will see whether we are deserving of his kingdom.

Of course I am praying for it but it's God's will to test me more. We are all sinners but because there is God, we will realize the error of our ways and will strive hard to change for the better while we dedicate everything to him. That's why we pray often the Jesus Prayer along with our personal and from-the-book prayers.

We can fast anytime, help the poor or the needy, forgive our enemies and pray sincerely. That's not just restricted to Lent, so it's what God gave us. The free will to live our lives as a true Christian.

Have a blessed Lent to everyone. God be with us all. +++

No comments:

Post a Comment