Monday, December 7, 2015

When will I celebrate Christmas?





I have work on the 25th and I am scheduled to have a day-off by the 23rd. Oh come on! I just have to schedule it by the 7th of January. It doesn't mean I am an Old Calendarist but it's just I need to celebrate Christmas inside the church without everything that is secular or profiteering from the Christmas season.

The previous Christmas were all secularized and doesn't have the essence of Christmas. Since finding out about the Orthodox Church, I desired to celebrate it by the true essence of Christmas. Christmas is about celebrating Christ's birth through the Bogorodica and not about making gifts or taking a vacation.

I am expecting a Christmas with the true essence of Christ's birth. It is because of Jesus Christ that he saved us from our sins and gave us the commandment of love, the commandment that encompasses all commandments that Moses was given.

To those who will go by the 7th of January, see you and I will be serving in the church since it is becoming my duty to God and my life did start at 23 years old. See you everyone. +++

No comments:

Post a Comment