Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Celebrating Lazardan






This was my first time celebrating Vidovdan or specifically, Lazardan or the Feast day of Sveti Knez Lazar/Saint Prince Lazar, the Great martyr of Serbia that protected Kosovo till the very end against the Ottoman empire. It wasn't an earthly defeat but it was God's victory.

It wasn't easy though because of time constraints and it fell on a Tuesday but to commemorate his martyrdom and holiness, I bought a bread and a candle, have it blessed to the priest the night before. I have to wake up very early to say the prayers for Lazardan/Vidovdan and the desk. I placed the bread, wine, candle, Sv. Knez Lazar's ikone in the desk and start immediately.

The prayers I mentioned were:

"In the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit. AMIN".

"Oče Naš"

"Christ among us! He is and he shall be."

"I raise this glass and drink the Holy Slava!"

"To Saint Prince Lazar"

"Let Slava save us all, and let us celebrate it as we have done it so far!"

"Whoever drinks wine on this Slava-day, may God help him!"

"O Lord and the Holy Slava, my patron saint Sveti Knez Lazar, you can help me, so help me!"

I was filming myself but forgot to cross the ikone with the incense, even if it was running. But the important thing is that I commemorated how my patron saint sacrificed his life for God's heavenly kingdom than an earthly one. May the next celebration of Krsna Slava, I will have friend here or my own family.

Srećan Slava!


No comments:

Post a Comment