Monday, August 11, 2014

Moja Paksiv-My Paksiw

My own with Coconut Milk

This could be a bit tricky but, i wish everyone would get a taste of it and that, i improve my cooking as well. I am cooking this in a while. It is just i rarely had the time but let me share this. If you want to improve my cooking, you may add comments as well.


Ingredients:
  1. Any Japanese fish or Filipino based fish
  2. 2 Cups of Vinegar
  3. Half Onion Sliced evenly
  4. 1 Eggplant(To absorb any trace of the smell of fish)
  5. Ampalaya(Optional)
  6. Coconut Milk(Optional)
  7. Ginger
  8. Few tablespoon of salt

First, clean the fish or wash it with cold water. If it came from a freezer, let it defreeze until it softens up. After cleaning, put the fish in the cooking pot, so thus the sliced ginger, onion, eggplant and a few tablespoon of salt. Next, pour the two cups of vinegar simultaneously. Never put water because it could soften up the fish molecules. Turn on the stove, set it to almost maximum and let it cook until it boils. When it boils, open the cover a bit and make the fire level of the stove almost middle until 15 minutes. And lower the fire level after covering the pot, make it sure by 15-20 minutes to make the fish cook. An option for me is to put Coconut Milk after those 15-20 minutes through another 10 minutes until the dish is ready to serve.

Simple but delicious. Hope one day, i can cook it with my future wife for our children and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment