Sunday, May 1, 2016

Uskrs 2016/Easter 2016






My first Easter as a member of the Orthodox Church/Pravoslavna Crkva was a moment to remember because it's my first time to serve and as well, read the Gospel in Filipino language. It's indeed true fasting is part of Lent and the anticipation of our Lord and God Jesus Christ's resurrection and destroying death by his death last Good Friday.

Serving was tiring to my body but not to my heart and mind. I did, while sick with pollen fever or maybe an actual fever and sore throat because of my body exhausted due to lack of sleep. It doesn't matter if your sick or not, if you want to serve God, go for it! We were given the free will to progress to God and not to regress. Keeping the Christian tradition and essence of Easter makes the celebration more solemn and joyful.

I am late to write this article because I am finding the time to sleep  since I am recovering from this illness and exhaustion but it's worth it to share the wonderful experiences.

God is risen, Indeed he is risen!
Hristos Voskrese, Vaistinu Voskrese!

No comments:

Post a Comment