Monday, March 20, 2017

Are we praying sincerely?



Prayer. What we should do but because of busy schedules or for others, just doesn't have time because they are busy partying or destroying their belief in God for money or fame or any other useless reason. If I can share something during my Catholic days, it may surprise everyone how I changed. Here goes:

I was born and raised a Catholic until 2015 by God's will, I am an Orthodox Christian. During those Catholic days, ok...I was praying the rosary, at school and was the most eager pupil to lead the prayer inside a classroom. But, the Christian Living(CL) teachers couldn't tell me what I am really praying to.

Why?

It's very unclear even to this point. I know even during those times I am praying sincerely during those times but I soon realized when I knew Orthodox Christianity that those times were not properly done as a prayer, but as a PR. You don't tell anyone you're praying every single second or pray the rosary or pray to Mama Mary(in Catholicism, she is a demi-God) or compete with Protestants.

SEE.

You can't pray properly with people guarding you or forcing you to do it. I have some advice for people who are unsure how to pray:

Pray without anyone seeing you. Pray from within your heart, ask God for forgiveness, acknowledge you're a sinner and never, ever forget why we, Christians are blessed since we were taught how to pray properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment