Sunday, November 8, 2015

God willing



Such a blessing for me. It took me five years and I was able to put through everything despite my current issues. Regardless of those issues, one of my goals in life was met. November 7, 2015, I got baptized, taking the name Lazar, in honor of the Saint Prince of Serbia, who defended Serbia against the Ottoman Empire in Kosovo to the end. He lost his life and the Serbs lost but it delayed the Ottoman advance through another 50 years.

I was a bit nervous before my conversion but it went smoothly. I didn't expected it to be that smooth but it was worth the 5 years of patience. Now, I have a lot to do more. Being baptized in the Japanese Orthodox Church, this is one of the first step of my new life. I told myself, life starts at 23. I told myself since I live alone and going through a lot of challenges along the way. I know it is rough but with God's presence, nothing is impossible.

Finally, I am partaking with other people and the saints, in a holy liturgy that is passed down through generations, unchanged and firmly holding the teachings of the apostles that spread the Christian faith from the 1st Century AD to this day through the missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment