Friday, July 31, 2015

People's First Impression on me






Just this afternoon at work, I heard about those typical first impression on a guy like me. Guess what they answered:

I am gay or lesbian or tomboy. WHAT?

Yes, I've heard it a lot of times for the past few years, even when I was still in my homeland. People never even tried to tell me what I want of an answer but I will never tell the public. It's a bit frustrating but I don't want to spark a debate on them. It's their choice though. I can't force people to like me since I am outspoken when people knew who I am truly.

For example, in the Philippines my colleagues in college called me Gu-Jun Pyo, a character from the Korean adaptation of Hana Yori Dango, to which I don't like since I am born of Japanese descent, not Korean or Chinese or Taiwanese. People just doesn't open their eyes on what is true or they simply never knew me well.

Even some of my closest friends told me to cut my hair, to which I am not fond because I am on a diet and trying to imitate Japanese hairstyles for men. I hope my diet is worth it but to those that never knew me well, just answer me the other way around since I am not a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment