Saturday, June 28, 2014

Danas Vidovdan


I will always remember this date. Vidovdan. It is not just the political celebration of the but also the Slava of St. Vitus as well and the memorial day of Saint Prince Lazar and his soldiers during their sacrificial battle at Kosovo.

Many events that occured coincidentally from the sacrifice at Kosovo to the Montenegrin independence happend all throughout history. If I would be asked why in the future, i would celebrate Vidovdan, one thing is what i would amswer. The feast day of Saint Prince Lazar according to the Srpska Pravoslavna Crkva, marked this day if the Julian Calendar would be used but if i prefer June 15, i may as well.

I may ask my Srpski prijatelji more when i get there to properly celebrate Vidovdan in honor of my future patron saint. Despite my turbulent week and emotional distress, i pray continually to God for Saint prince Lazar's intercession and to give me strength throught the many challenges that will unfold in my life. If there would be a one time i may visit Srbija, i hoped it will be Vidovdan week and go on a pilgrimage that will make me a strong person by heart. By all means, Vidovdan is not just a political but more on religious celebration as well. We have options but i will prefer the religious one.

May this day as a whole be a source of strength to the Serbian people and to those who looked upon their medieval heroics and spiritual strength all through out the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment