Monday, July 14, 2014

Molitva posredovanje sveta je važno


I am always praying, regardless of any given situation every night. When i live alone or with my family, i may pray every morning even a simple prayer facing my own alter i made with the icons of Isus Hristos, the Bogorodice, Sveta Familija and Sveti Knez Lazar. I will also light my incensce and would ask to God for forgiveness, thanksgiving, enlightenment and the power to give my very potential for my family.

An old friend of mine would tell me often to pray for St. Xenia's intercession for my job hunting and everyday work, which i did. I may have prayed that when i was a Catholic during my younger yeas but i never realized those prayers to the saints because it is not yet clear to me what i am praying for and what is my role as a true Christian. 

Ever since i found out about Orthodoxy, my prayers may have a meaning now, even in my future baptismal, now i know why i am praying the Isusa Molitva or the Oče Naš or the Bogorodice Djevo or even the Molitva za Sveti Knez Lazar. And my prayers are right now for my future and my future family. I am continually grasping my future since i know, these prayers came from my heart and what my spiritual fathers told me.

That is why, a prayer to a saint's intercession is like the saint is helping us to pray for God's miracles and forgiveness and not praying to the saints themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment