Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dan srećan majke-Happy Mother's day


Dan srećan majke Svako! Happy Mother's day! Maligayang araw para sa mga ina!

Just a few sentences i know about mother's day in three languages. This is one of the few secular days that has significance in life, if not to religious or political celebrations. Even a married or celibate priest can have a mother's day. So too, politicians, extreme to moderate. Even a rebellious son like me can celebrate it although, by heart. I could be in some transition with my parents but as long as i have time, i will show them that i am contributing for this family. Whether i have a Catholic present and an Orthodox future or my future ambitions for my future family, they are still my parents, especially my mom.

My mom, is one of the best and one of those i grew up as a child. So, i am not old to mama's tender loving care. Even when my harder times or some arguments or some issues, she is still my mom. Honestly. I don't know if she will accept my faith when i can stand on my own because this is my way but, since she is my mom, i will always pray for her safety, like most Orthodox Christians do regardless of their friends and family's group(for future converts like me).

For my mom, this is my prayer:

From my heart, God, bless my mother always.
That she may always face this world a much better mom.
Because my prayers include for her safety and her heart.
Thank you for giving me a mother that is strong and wise despite many adversities.
And always guide her through the Bogorodice. AMIN

No comments:

Post a Comment