Saturday, May 3, 2014

I hoped that


I recently heard about the Patriarch of Antioch severe canonical ties with the Patriarch of Jerusalem because of territorial differences(intrusion by The Patriarch of Jerusalem in Antioch's Metropolia of Qatar) which is not really an issue.

I am also hearing some disputes and something wrong with the Church as an American based one, dividing the church just because of different nationalities and declining church attendance. This news doesn't affect me but will affect the whole church. I just don't know how i can voice my ideals for the whole church to unifiy them regardless of ethnicity or their previous religious background.

I am too idealistic but i can't just stand up and see this ancient church being divided by a lot of reasons. Of course, patriarchs are there and different traditions but when it comes to faith matters, they should know that God is with them and they, the lay people should be theologically one and those territorial problema me resolved.

Against the changing times, negative effects of globalization and continuing Roman Pope's intrusions, the Orthodox lay people should both practice faith and unity as one and not just either of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment