Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Why i am using Srpski exonyms






This is not a secret to most people who knew me so well and countless Serbs that see my pro-Serbian stance all through out this year and as early as 2010. I am frank that i display the three fingers anytime(political and religious sign of the cross), speak a little bit Serbian(the ones i knew well), trying to memorize the anthem "God of Justice" and everything Serbian.

My name in Facebook is Pavle Lazar Garsijanović. I used those name since it has a meaning as well. Pavle is the Serbian of Paulo, my real name(Paulo Rafael), Lazar is the Serbian of Lazarus, and the name of the Saint-Prince that fought in the battle of Kosovo, 1389 and the saint i am rooting for and asking for God's intercession through his prayers. Garsijanović is the Serbianized form of my surename Garcia but i added it with the suffix "-vić" which means the son of or from the family. I joked about the fact that, i want to make a new Serbian clan named "Garsijanovići", the only foreign-born Serbian clan that has Filipino, Japanese and Spanish roots. But i wish that my children be taught of English, Serbian and Japanese at an early age, learn how to practice the faith and Serbian identity well and know Japanese culture as well.

And on my wallet, i am hiding from my parents, Serbian mini icons of Isus Hristos, Bogorodice and other saints in the Orthodox church. Guess that, i am really a foreign born Serbian by heart. Although some people have been a Serbophile, i am in a different way though. I hoped this articles of mine be looked upon by Radio Televizija Srbije or Russia Today to show what kind of a country is that small Balkan country that struggles after 1999 but will be resilient and will fight for their freedom.

When people would ask me, i say that i don't know why i became a pro-Serbian activist. Which is true and, i won't lie more. I am using Serbian version of names of everyone including my friends. And another thing, i am distancing myself from my Filipino or Brazilian workmates that use Portuguese or Filipino greetings instead of just English. When someone speaks Portuguese to me, i will speak Serbian so that they would not know what i want to tell them because most of them don't know English. If to my fellow Filipinos, using Nihonggo instead of English or Filipino, i would express myself in Serbian. Too nosebleed for them though, izvinite me.

So everyone, when you would want to know more about my pro-Serbian stance, ask me. Don't be shy. I will be nice. I didn't included some of my views but feel free to have a debate.

Hvala Puno Svako +++

No comments:

Post a Comment