Wednesday, April 16, 2014

My dream wedding



What does a happy wedding looked like? How would i be able to feel it after wedding? Would i have this kind of a wedding? Will God guide me and my future wife to a happy family life? If not, i may go to Mt Athos when i will not be married at the age of 40. By the way...


I wished one day, i can be married in an Orthodox church, with wedding rings, crowns and people and family members of both sides cheering for the newly weds instead of the typical Filipino marriage which parents are crying although that will change by time. I don't know if there would be a Filipino style orthodox wedding. But if there hasn't been a tradition to be created, i want a Serbian one. Or a Greek one.

The Sacrament or, more properly, Sacred Mystery of Marriage does not unite a man and a woman. Rather, it is the Church's recognition of a union that God has already begun to work in their lives.  As long as the union remains within the reality of this world, it will be subject to sin, pain, and death. But, through the Sacred Mystery, the union enters at the same time into a new reality: that of God's Kingdom. In Christ, marriage is restored to its initial perfection and in the sacrament, this union is made open to the possibility of what God intended marriage to be from the beginning: an eternal life of joy in union with Him.
Thus, marriage goes beyond a legal contract. There is no exchange of vows - the two have freely and coequally committed to one another and consented to God's presence in their union. There is no phrase "'til death do us part". If marriage is brought into the Kingdom of God, death, as a separation, is powerless over it. Christ has destroyed death by His Cross and Resurrection; therefore, the union of man and woman in Christ is eternal.(Eastern Orthodox Marriage)

Also if it will be allowed, i may wear red polo shirt and white neck tie with white pants and black leather shoes while i wear my Orthodox Necklace(wooden or silver).

And this would be my promise to my future wife after wedding and before the great feast: ''I swear to everyone that, starting this day, i will love, protect and cherish you forever. I shall commit myself to you and no one else. Because this is my lifetime contract i made with you in front of God. The contract that will make us inseparable and committed to each other for God and love. ''

I am idealistic about my future wedding? Well, i am too innocent to think even if i am so mature. This is because all i want is to do good for everyone and not bad. Doing bad means i am not ready for more things in this temporary world we lived in. Life is precious so we mus cherish everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment