Friday, April 18, 2014

Veliki Petak



Good Friday. VelikI Petak. Biyernes Santo. Just the exonyms i know about today. Jesus died for us. For the salvation of our sins. But have we made good repentance every year and not just Good Friday? Have we avoided going discos or do we go to church with our families?

Even i am at work now yet i want to make a confession to a parish priest but i just can't. I am not baptized to God's original church. That may have to wait. But when that day comes, i will grasp it like an eagle, flying to symbolize my freedom, freedom to practice my faith in and out, away from what the Internet is telling us or social norms. It is true, i have problems on my own(personal) but i won't let it stand in my way to remember how Christ suffered and died for us.

"6 Your self-satisfaction is not healthy.* Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole lump?
7 Purge out the old yeast, so that you may be a new lump, even as you are unleavened. And certainly, Christ, [who is] our Passover, has been sacrificed in our place.
8 Therefore, let us keep the feast, not with old yeast, neither with the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth."
- Corinthians 5 6-8

I maybe a sinner like most people. But, when will i see myself repenting for my sins? That i can practice it with my full reason and love for God?

1 comment:

  1. "It is true, i have problems on my own(personal) but i won't let it stand in my way to remember how Christ suffered and died for us."

    Kudos to you! very nice realization

    ReplyDelete