Sunday, April 26, 2015

Facing Dad in faith matters



It's still the same. Dad and I can't accept each other. Being stubborn to each other. And being hostile to each others' point of view. Why is it that Dad wouldn't open his heart when it comes to my religion?

I may have failed a lot and lost a lot but it doesn't mean I would follow dad entirely because I desire some things dad cannot give me. Sounds selfish? I am still selfish but not so much. I am praying that eventually, dad and I would reconcile no matter what happens.

For now, religion plays a barrier between me and dad. He couldn't believe it is happening and would play mind games just to make me change my mind. Do I have to change my mind just to appease him? Here's my take. I don't want to be a hypocrite anymore. I am tired of it. I am tired of hiding on his shadows too often. If it is about religion, I don't even need to convert him. What is he thinking all this time?

What dad told me?

It's ok to be a Muslim, Buddhist or a Protestant one but not Eastern Orthodox Christian.

I can live with it. I tell everyone now and will never regret it because God shows me the way no matter how hard I am a sinner or how hard people make a curse about my deeds to scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment