Thursday, April 2, 2015

Holy Week Vacation?



In the Philippines, every holy week, I can't help but to always think of the scenario. Why people use the Holy Week for their own personal use? Can't they wait for sometime or earn money to have their own personal vacation? It's absurd and disappointing that people use the name of God to party and do some crap.

Let me tell you my holy week experience when i was young.

When i was like 5 or 6, i stayed always at home, eat veggies and fish with my family, never ever went to Boracay or other tourist hotspots, pray with my family and watch some Christian movies shown in the Television(some of them are dubbed to Filipino).

I felt blessed during those days and i was very protective of myself being a Christian even if I am a sinner. These days, I am sick of people destroying the essence of Filipino Todos los Santos for Liberalism and the cult of partyinf every Holy Week!

Now, I would observe Holy week of the Orthodox Church. But my point is, I would rather stay at home or going to church than to enjoy party and destroy what was instilled in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment